Monday, January 18, 2016

mini chicken pot pies

I wasn't going to post this but everyone over here thought they were just the bees knees.

super easy

for the filling;

about 4 chicken breasts (I used left over chicken I baked from the night before)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can mixed veggies

for the crust;

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups shortening plus 2 table spoons
and 6 tablespoons cold water


So for my left over chicken I just boiled it for about 10 mins then shredded it then mixed in the cream of mushroom and mixed veggies. done for that part.

For the crust mix the flour salt and shortening first it will look lumpy then start adding water at this point I starting using my hands to mix it all together until I got a ball of dough.
Then I rolled the dough out and used coffee cup lid to cut out little circles then rolled them out more and placed in muffin tin.

After you have 12 little muffin pie crusts ready fill them all with your chicken veggie mixture and bake at 400 for about 30 minutes.

:)

tip; if you want them all to have little muffing tops you're gonna need to double the crust recipe  













No comments:

Post a Comment